Teamwork in a Digital Economy
The ability to enhance team performance is more important than ever in 2017. Teamwork is still at the heart of the well-performing organization, but with a difference. The digital economy is forcing companies large and small to become agile, with flexible and adaptable networks of teams. New technologies have also obliterated distances and time zones.
The same forces that unleash productivity can also cause major disruption. Employees know they can create value from outside the physical office, so employers can’t easily ignore their calls for more “open” and flexible work environments. What makes teams come together, or why individuals stay connected and engaged, must be continually revisited. To survive, companies must learn what drives highly-functioning teams made up of internal and external talent, while attending to the organizational design issues that hamper team performance.
Our interdisciplinary panel of experts will debate how companies in this new environment can build a strong foundation of well-performing teams.
- Tim Lougheed, President, Canadian Science Writers’ Association
- François Chiocchio, Associate Professor in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management, Telfer School of Management and the Montfort Research Chair in the Organization of Health Services
- Magda Donia, Assistant Professor in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management, Telfer School of Management
- Amir Rahnema, Global Organization Design Leader, Deloitte Canada and a coauthor of Deloitte annual’s report on human capital trends in Canada
- Randy Giffen, Healthcare Solution Architect, IBM Canada
- 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. light refreshments will be served
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 pm. panel and discussion
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. networking